Wednesday 23 May 2012

Hitting the books

I have hit the books again. I know some of you may think I'm crazy for doing it but to tell you the truth, I'm a busy mind. If I'm not studying something I tend to get bored. I think by the time I'm 60 I'll probably have a fair bit under my belt.

I have not started a new course but rather attempting to finish one that I started approximately 18 months ago. And when I say attempting I mean that. My dad Skypes me in the middle of reading some finer points of the Aged Care Act!! Its not easy to jump start into things, however it shouldn't take me too long at all to get settled back into the rhythm of studying.

I didn't get to finish this course when I first started it due to a couple of unfortunate life events. This time around I am determined to get it done. And in true Bernie fashion I have set an unbelievable date to finish by. It is unbelievable but definitely not unachievable. It does however mean I will have a little less time to craft. But you know, that is ok because this is only for a time and sometimes our priorities need to change.

I have 10 weeks to complete 9 units of study. Crazy, I know but I have completed one already. The next one I'm working on is one of the harder units and considering it has taken me all night to research and answer one question out of eleven, I think I have my work cut out for me.

On the bright side of all of this. I am not spending any of my pocket money on craft while studying so I will most likely have a reasonable kitty to go spend when I am all done!! And I get to buy a funky notebook too.

Bernie

No comments:

Post a Comment