Sunday 8 January 2012

This is Me!!

Welcome to my busy little world!!
Welcome to my positive space!
This is me. I am a rather busy bee.

I am a mother of 2 gorgeous boys. JJ, 9 years old and Dan, 6 years old. I am married to the most amazing man in the world, Ryan. I’m sure some would like me to be a stay at home mum and there are days when I dearly wish I was but alas I am not. I work full time in administration at a nursing home. There are days when I absolutely love what I do but there are those odd days that I don’t and I would rather be home stitching and chilling out with my boys.

I love to create, most of the time following somebody else’s design/pattern. My sewing machine was the greatest gift I have ever been given and the ability to sew the greatest skill I have been taught. I dabble in crochet but it will always come second to my patchwork.

Chilling out with some stitching is a favourite thing to do. It becomes so much more enjoyable when I can do this sitting in the shade of a tree on a warm day or wrapped in a quilt on the back deck. I love being outdoors and I love the smell of sunshine. This is a bonus considering it is not good to keep my boys indoors all day long even if it is raining.

There will always be something to be done around the house but I have had to come to terms with the fact that it doesn’t matter if the washing doesn’t get folded tonight or the floor has not been washed this week. The most important thing is to take care of me. Every evening the boys go to bed at 7:30 and at 8:30 I put all my housework tasks aside. From that time on it’s my time. My time to do whatever I choose. Be it sewing, stitching, crocheting, calling a friend or playing a board game with my man, it’s my time. Time to look after me. I suppose that’s what this is all about.

This is time for me. Time to reflect, dream and get inspired.
I hope you can join me. I’m not really sure where we are going but it’s going to be a positive thing.

Bernie

No comments:

Post a Comment